Gentle for Babies, and the Planet
Pure and Gentle Ingredients
Did you know that we’ve reformulated our products inside and out to set our new standard for gentle?
- For babies, our strict ingredient selection process ensures our products are as pure and gentle as they are effective. All our liquid cleansers and lotions are paraben-free, phthalate-free, sulfate-free, and dye-free.
- For the environment, we use a US-patented system called the Global Aquatic Ingredient Assessment™ tool to help us formulate non-toxic and biodegradable products that are not harmful to aquatic life and ecosystems.
By 2025, we plan to offer even more innovative products, making careful choices with babies and the planet in mind.
Did you know that making small packaging changes, like removing pumps, can make a big difference in recyclability?
- In 2020, we intend to transition from pumps to caps on all liquid cleansing products below 500ml in the US, meaning millions fewer pumps will reach landfills each year.
- We’ve expanded our assortment of refill packaging in several key markets around the world to enable bottle reuse and reduce plastic waste. We’ve also incorporated recyclability messages onto our bottles.
By 2025, we aim to maximize our recyclability by converting to fully transparent PET bottles and recyclable pumps. We are also planning to expand refill packaging to the US and optimize our supply chain to reduce our carbon emissions. By 2030, we aspire to use 100% recycled plastic in our bottles.
Our Community Impact
Did you know that Johnson’s is committed to social responsibility and helping babies thrive?
- For over 40 years, we’ve donated to leading global nursing and midwifery associations.
- In 2020, we responded to the urgent needs of the COVID-19 crisis by providing helpful resources to expectant parents.
Going forward, we plan to expand our external partnerships to support nurses and midwives in giving every baby the healthiest start to life—from delivery through the first year.
Our dedication to science, ingenuity and human health doesn’t stop with Johnson’s® baby products. Learn how our parent company, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, is taking action to make the planet healthier.